If you've never seen the annual Christmas program at the Castro Valley Neighborhood Church, you REALLY need to see it!! Last night I took the boys to join Mr. Al's and Arthur's families to see "Hope is Born." We arrived one hour early and got some decent aisle seats.
I don't know how long the show's been running, but I remember seeing it over 20 years ago, and the feeling still hasn't changed. I was as amazed last night as I was back then (and all the years in between). Every year is a little different, but you can always count on the magnificent backdrops, the live animals, and the crying baby Jesus.
It's hard to describe how stunning it was so I posted some clips I took with my cheapy camera (sorry no zoom). Hopefully this will give you a taste of the magnitude of the entire production. Again, you REALLY need to see this in person! And it's all FREE!
For those of you wanting to go. We've already assembled a small group to go for Friday's 7:30 performance. To be safe, show up 45-60 minutes early to get good seating, otherwise your family of four may have to sit apart or upstairs. The entire program is close to 2 hours and they do offer childcare for 5 and under. Dustin survived the whole program but Colby started to fade after an hour. Prior to the show I would recommend bringing books, Gameboys or other entertainment for the kids while they wait, because they will get restless real fast.
Also, here's a tip if you want to enjoy the show: Don't sit in front of young kids. I felt bad for the folks in front of our kids last night. Even though it was unintentional, our kids would occasionally kick their chairs. Man do I hate some squirmy kid sitting behind me! So look for us on Friday and we'll understand if you don't want to sit near us :)
For more information and upcoming showtimes, please visit their website: www.3crosses.org
See you Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment