Sunday, December 30, 2007

Let's Paarrty!! Part One, Friday Lunch

It's the holidays and the party circuit has begun. If you were to ask me what's my favorite part of the Christmas season, I can easily say it's not Black Friday, but instead all the good friends I reunite with. Every year we have the same gatherings with the same people at the same places. It's like a ritual.

On Friday I worked half day and joined the gang for lunch. Dave has been hosting us every year as long as I can remember. Here is the picture we took last year. The kids are smaller but I think we still look the same (Dave is still bald). The notable people missing are Goff's family (who'll be coming up next month), and the notable additions this year is Grace's family and a pregnant Jeanie. Oh wait is that right? Jim is gonna be a dad?? Oh man oh man!! Congrats to you both!

And just like last year, I attended solo – which made the party that much more enjoyable! Oh it's sooo nice to just hang out and not have to worry about your kids eating, spilling, pooping, etc. Kids crying, kids fighting, kids smelling... I don't care, because I know they're not mine. True peace of mind. The only thing I had to worry about was pacing myself to not over-eat... because I had another party that evening. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment