
We hosted dinner recently. It was taco night – a crowd favorite. During dinner I spilled some beans (har har) to the unsuspecting audience. And being the classy guy that I am
:) I delivered it in poetry form. Today as a treat to all my readers, I'll share it with you.
Greetings to you all, gathered here today
A few choice friends, mahjong is what we play
I'm so blessed, surrounded by people we love
A strong familiar scent I sense floating above.
I have some good news, of great magnitude
Please cover your mouths, so you don't spit out your food
As we're jammed at the table, kids eating off the floor
I often wondered if we could fit just one more.
So let me say without any further ado
We're excited that there will be somebody new
Someone that'll cry, but also sing and play
We expect this someone Martin Luther King Day.
Yes January's the month that this baby is due
So what will it be, will it be pink or will it be blue?
A girl would be nice and a boy can't be wrong
But one thing for sure, it won't be a Fong.
If you still need a clue, it's Mary and Ted
There had to be a reason why they finally got wed
Their love is perfect, a match made in heaven
This is their first child, on the way to seven.
Mary and Ted, my heartfelt congrats to you
We've so longed for you to walk in our shoes
Being a parent, you can't help but smile
I trust your child will exceed 50 percentile.
So as you dress your tacos with green and white goop
Come January you'll be faced with sticky black poop
So eat up today, while you're still without a child
Because come next year, you'll be filming Babies Gone Wild.
Great stuff. You missed your calling. You need to be a writer.
ReplyDeleteAlso, happy belated 40th birthday!!!
Hi Stan: Thanks! This must be best laugh I had all day. Hey, we would love to move into your neighbor's house. Having a neighbor like you sounds like it has so many perks...no wonder Machella and Wayland are so happy there.
ReplyDelete