With the recent warnings about cold medicine and young children, we've been a bit reluctant to give our kids much of anything. We just let them suffer. As for the adults, my mom loves the DM, Chrissy the CF and I love the Guaifenesin with codeine. Dustin hates all medicine, but Colby loves it. He think it's candy.
So I was thrilled to hear about a product proven to be a better alternative to cough medicine – Honey! Read article here. That's great news! No need to worry about overdosing and forcing them to take it. It's something they already like. Now my only question is where to find buckwheat honey. Trader Joe's maybe?The study, published Monday in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, found that children who received a small dose of buckwheat honey before bedtime slept better and coughed less than those who received either a common over-the-counter cough suppressant (dextromethorphan) or nothing at all.This study is making big news. If you Google the story, you'll find a ton of articles about it. They say a tablespoon of honey 30 minutes before bedtime should do it. For me I prefer a bowl of honey with a bucket of Popeye's chicken :p But I suspect that would worsen the cough.
No comments:
Post a Comment