Friday, November 7, 2008

200: Meet my readers


Hard to believe I've made it past another milestone. It didn't seem that long ago when I hit 100. But thanks to the many interesting folks in my life, I'm never short of content to post.

Actually this is post #202. I apologize, but I ran into some snags trying to locate the above photo. You see, I just HAD to post this photo. So what is the significance of this photo you may ask? Well this photo is the perfect representation of my four reading demographics.

Group 1: My most loyal readers. Some of the folks in the photo are my favorite bunch. They subscribe. They comment. They enjoy my insights and nothing I could say can ever surprise them. They send me reminders when I haven't updated in a week and often chat with me online. Thank you, you are my greatest joy and the reason for my cyberspace existence! You are my biggest fans and I am yours!

Group 2: My closet readers. Some of the folks in the photo read occasionally. This is mainly because they are married to one of my most loyal readers. They like looking at the photos and find my blog mildly amusing, but then they'll feel guilty or shameful afterwards. They can't understand why their spouse has such devotion and pretend to be indifferent.

Group 3: My anonymous readers. They visit all the time but I'm not allowed to post their photos or mention their names. They like reading about other people, but not about themselves. Some of them I don't know and will never meet. I've gotten return visitors from Napa, the midwest, east coast and even Japan! This is amazing because I purposely avoid using keywords to make my blog less searchable. So whoever you are, I'm honored by your presence here.

Group 4: My non-fans. They think this is juvenile and say things like "you have way too much time on your hands" or "I barely have time for my life, let alone have time to read about yours..." Yes, actual statements. Ouch. They use the internet the same way they commute, point A to point B, never stopping off to go shopping or pick up a donut. They don't own an iPod and listen to news radio. The only way I'll EVER get them to visit my blog is if I posted a picture of them – which brings us back to the significance of this photo :)

So which one are you?

Regardless of who you are, I'm grateful for your presence here. And to you non-fans, I listen to news radio too on occasion :) But like the photo, I hope this blog brings a smile to your face and brightens your day if even for a moment. (Disclaimer: I don't think any of the people above are really non-fans)

Just last week, a fellow blogger's mother-in-law whom I just met, came to me to express her joy in reading my blog. She liked the Blue Angel photos and have forward my post about Toto toilets to her friends. Also, she's awaiting her free GPS because of me! Isn't that awesome?! And all along I thought my only senior readers were in Redmond... :o

So thank you all again. If I haven't featured you here yet, your time will come. If I haven't offended you yet, again your time will come. Until then, send me your deals, be nice to me, and most of all, be sure to invite me to all your parties. :)

Stay healthy and have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. BLOOD!!! I am totally in group #1!! I really don't remember taking that picture??? Now...I hope my wife sees this pic of me when I was skinny and tan..Thanks again for the memories Stan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH... where in the world did you get that picture?!?!I read you daily... okay.. at least every time you have a new blog.. Thanks for your insightful thoughts on everything under the sun... and then some!! Cez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in group 2 since my hubby is group 1 who is featured in the picture above...but I am a fan of your blog...your humor tickles me. I'm even honored to be featured on your blog previously...you're always invited to our parties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. who are the two poor souls that got the X? i'm glad you think enough of me not to axe me....it's always great to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stinker, You didn't tell me you knew OTHER people in Redmond. Hope you and Chrissy & family & extended family are well. Miss all of them, you most of the time. We also got our GPS. Box is still unopened. Everyone come up and visit us in WA. Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi stan
    Oh my goodness, I have that picture. I think it was my birthday or something. They (mac,Wenna, Karen) were trying to either spank me or tickle me. It's amazing how most of us have stayed connected.
    So, Marty & Eric are your Anonymous readers is that why u have them x out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm feeling the love.

    Grace, no, I doubt if Marty and Eric know about this blog. They only represent my anonymous readers. And I had to block them out for a whole nother reason. Didn't someone use to date them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, let's not go there regarding the "x"s.....I think I have this picture too, but don't ask me where it is.

    ReplyDelete