
Meet Bubbles, Buttercup and Blossom – the Cocopuff Girls. The shady character is Mojo Jojo, their #1 arch nemesis. Oh, and the pretty boy in the pic is just there for show. He was absolutely no help whatsoever. Actually I take that back. He unknowingly helped Mojo by confusing the smartest Puff with a bunch of made-up words. Haha.
My original name for these lovely ladies was The Danville Darlings. But due to the protest of Buttercup, who lives just a mile outside of that snobbish town, they suggested something Coco... for Contra Costa. So being the creative genius that I am, they entrusted me to think of an appropriate name :)
Mojo and the Puff Girls have been duking it out on Facebook Scrabble for the last two months – which BTW, they now love Facebook, and have like 90+ friends, and they all have to thank me for 'forcing' them on. Anyway, last Saturday was our first game face to face with real tiles, no online dictionary, and full-blown after-dinner onion breath.
All through the game I was surprisingly nice and patient and only had to yell at Bubbles twice to hurry up! Everyone played tough and the game was incredibly close at all times. With only two tiles remaining to draw, only three points separated first and last place. These Cocopuff Girls are good! But that's when it happened...
It was my turn and I laid down all seven tiles to a chorus of gasps! Playing all seven tiles is called a bingo and you get an additional 50 points! That's when I realized what I've been missing while playing online – hearing the groans and seeing the panic in their eyes! Haha. And here's the irony: The word I played was INFLATE, which instantly caused all their collective hopes to DEFLATE! Hahahaha! I'm such a gracious winner, ain't I??
We've already started another game on Facebook and now they're out for blood! I already sense the heightened hostility in the chat box. I may never win again, so I'm going to cherish this one as long as possible. Because beating them in person feels 100x sweeter!
That was our first Scrabble night. Once they get over their bitterness, I'm sure we'll have another. There was something else going on that night too, but I can't remember... I think it was some kid's birthday... Whatever. That night, Scrabble was all that mattered.
Cocopuff Girls, thanks for a wonderful evening!




Dear MoJo,
ReplyDeleteThank you for inscribing the CoCo Puff Girls into your blog's history pages - what an honor!
To your findings from Wikipedia: “Blossom, commander and the leader; Bubbles, she is the joy and the laughter; Buttercup, and she's the toughest fighter,” I would like to add mine: MoJo: "...it was he who caused the Professor to accidentally add Chemical X to the mixture (thus making him responsible for [the Powerpuff Girls'] creation)... While he is portrayed as serious and arrogant, he is often used to make humorously long speeches or sarcastic statements..."
How appropriate, indeed.
Touche,
Buttercup
Thanks Buttercup for tolerating my sarcastic long speeches. You are indeed the toughest fighter.
ReplyDelete