
This past Saturday was another double-header Saturday with back-to-back events. The first was Martin's surprise birthday party at Kincaids (today is his actual birthday). Hard to believe my friends are starting to turn 50. But Martin is not your typical 50-yo guy. I still play tennis with him regularly because that's the only sport I can beat him in :) He's better than me in volleyball, bowling, roller-skating, all things snow and water... not to mention I'll be risking a heart attack trying to catch him biking! If he's turning 50, then I'm the one feeling 60.
It was nice to attend an adult birthday party for a change, and eat grown-up food instead of pizza. Unfortunately, unlike kids, grown ups only have parties every 10 years. My only other two adult parties this year was my mom's 80th and my wife's 40th. Next year I know a few readers that will be turning 40 and 50, but I won't mention their names. And unfortunately because of this blog, chances are I won't get invited :(

It was a surprise. He thought he was going to someone else's party.
The older you get, the easier it is to fool you.
If Justine grows up to be like Ashley, we would be so thrilled and so proud.Only problem is that I'll need to somehow double my income.
Martin, you are a lucky man. Happy Birthday!





No comments:
Post a Comment