Last year I suggested the Navigon GPS was the one thing to buy. This year my pick is the Lego Imperial Star Destroyer 6211 (1366 pieces) for $59.99 at Target on Black Friday. Buy 2 if you can. Not interested? Well if you see it, then please buy it for me :) Seriously.So why do I want it so bad?
This Imperial Star Destroyer is already selling on ebay for about $90 on average. See LINK. And if it follows the trend of other large Star Wars ships, in a couple of years it will be worth over $200.
How do I know this?
Lego Star Wars ships, especially the larger ones, are huge collectors items. Once they are retired, all the hard core fans are willing to pay top dollar for them. And unlike Beanie Babies, the fan base has proven its growth and longevity by being trans-generational. It's amazing, but my boys love Star Wars as much as I did when I was their age. No other genre of toys carry that same loyalty. And being Lego further reinforces its timeless value.
This item most likely will not be available online, so now I'm debating whether or not to join the crazies out there... Sigh. In case I don't make it out there (or even worse, come back empty handed). If any of you are planning to hit Target anyway, hopefully one (or two or three) of you can get this for me. I would be most grateful. And please make sure the box doesn't get damaged. Thanks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment