Monday, September 10, 2007

Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Lau

Well it finally happened. Jim and Jeanie got married yesterday!! I was among the privileged few to get to witness the event. I know many of you wanted to attend but Jim has just got way too many friends. And according to Jimmy, you would've all been invited, but in order to do that, he needed about 50 people to cancel :P. But no worries, thanks to all the cameras available to me (from my employer) you can relive the day's events through my lens.

Many people dread outdoor weddings but I must say the weather was absolutely perfect yesterday, around 75 degrees at the San Ramon Golf Course. Because it was an Hawaiian themed wedding, it was the most colorful and unique wedding I've ever seen. Also it's quite comfortable not having to wear a suit, especially outdoors. With the attire, tiki torches and hula show, it felt just like being on vacation at the Hawaiian Polynesian Gardens (minus the mosquitoes and the mormons).

Below is a video montage of various clips I took with my trusty Canon Powershot S2is. My 1gb card was able to record about 8 minutes of video. Of course the YouTube clip is quite choppy and pixelated. If you want to see a higher resolution Quicktime video, click here.




I took many more photos that you can see here (click on the album icon below). And if you need to ask, yes, that's Will's gf and yes, Suzanne is due next month and yes, Jimmy did really use his teeth to grab the garters (yes, both of them).

Jimmy Lau Wedding

I declare September 2007 as The Month of Jimmy because I'll get to party with Jim three times this month. This Saturday will be his official Chinese wedding banquet (maybe he'll actually wear a tie) and then at the end of the month I'll be at his Retro-80's 40th birthday bash. Fun and exciting times ahead indeed. Congratulations Jim and Jeanie!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'm very happy for the guy. I saw him at the All-Star pre game festivities a month or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stanley, You're so cool! I love the pix. Thanks for sharing Jimmy's special day with me. AWESOME! I'm so happy for him. What a fabulous idea for a wedding!!!!! I love it! It looks like you guys are in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Lau
    Congrats you look great. Slow down on the partying

    Seamus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stan,
    You have captured the wedding beautifully....I've gave him his "dream wedding"

    Just call me his party planner.
    Jeanie Tayag (now Lau)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the Jimmy blog (rubble rubble). Thanks for the great photos...brought back a lot of memories. What fun! After all these years, everyone looks the same! Janice

    ReplyDelete