Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Last BBQ of the Summer

Lunch at my desk again. Can you guess what I'm having? Yep, leftover BBQ.

Yesterday we went to Chris' house in Walnut Creek where it was a cool 97 degrees. They have this big inflatable water slide from Costco where the kids played and attacked us with waterguns. But we got them back good as Chris and I secretly loaded our guns with ice cubes, heehee. It's quite hilarious seeing kids shiver in 97 degree heat.

If you ever wanted to know the main difference between my kids and Chris' (other than being boys and girls), just take a good look at the picture. Notice which side of the slide is sagging. I honestly think the combined weight of both our boys is equal to Vanessa carrying a book bag.

We left early for another BBQ at my inlaws. Only they didn't really BBQ. They cooked on this Flavor Wave oven. Seems pretty cool. The tri-tips and chicken tasted like it was BBQ'd (or broiled). Best thing about it is that you can see the food while it's cooking to make sure it doesn't burn. The only bad it that it's huge! The only sensible place to store it is in your oven. That way when you open the oven and see it, you'll be reminded that you don't need the oven after all! Sells for around $100 but cheaper on ebay (minus the bonus food presser). I'm hoping we can find one for free.

It's hard to imagine that summer is essentially over. Those three months just went by so fast. Colby restarts preschool today after a week off. And tonight we'll restart our homework battle with Dustin. I've also noticed more traffic this morning. Sigh. Right now the only thing I'm looking forward to is Jimmy's wedding this Sunday! So if you haven't received your invite by now, um... you're not invited. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment