It has come to light that some of you don't know that I'm actually related to Jimmy. Well yes I am. How else do you think I get to attend this banquet? As an exclusive blog reporter?? The only people invited are connected either by blood, cigarettes or mahjong tiles. Anyway, we're related like this: Jimmy's dad's mother is my father's older sister. Which makes me Jimmy's bewl-sook (according to Matt). I really have no idea, Jim usually me Cuz, or Blood, or Ninja.So Saturday we convened at Peony Restaurant for the Jimmy and Jeanie's wedding banquet. Unlike the wedding reception, this banquet was all about the parents entertaining their friends and relatives. None of Jim or Jeanie's friends were there, so there was no dancing or professional entertainment, just lots of alcohol (sorry Jeanie, I forgot to take those 2 extra bottles home). Jim told me he just needed to show up wearing that jacket. He's just an honored guest. Just eat all you can, smile at the camera and keep all the gifts. Can life be any sweeter?
It's hard to believe that we were there 11 years ago enjoying our own wedding banquet. We've been back several times but this is our first visit with three kids. Having a mobile 11-month child is no fun at a banquet when you're there for 3 hours. We were hoping she would sleep, but no chance. For most of the dinner she had to be held either by me or some other unsuspecting family member. What we really needed was a portable playpen. The boys on the other hand, can entertain themselves, as long as we bring toys for them to play with (gameboy, ipod, cards, etc.).
They changed the menu. No longer was the standard cold-cuts and jellyfish dish. It was replaced by some shrimp and fruit salad drizzled with either mayonnaise, ranch dressing or sour cream (couldn't tell). Then the usual abalone, fish, lobster, duck, and fried rice dishes followed. The good thing about having 3 kids at your table is that you'll have more food to go around. That is unless you have someone like Colby who loves shellfish and keeps taking all my lobster! Overall, the dinner was very good and it was great to see all my cousins again because fact is, we only see each other at parties and funerals.So the next Jimmy event will be his birthday party on the 29th. I'm really looking forward to that. Jeanie already told me some of happenings and I can't wait. I think I need a bigger memory card to record more videos. Below is the album where you can see the rest of the banquet pictures.
![]() |
| Jimmy Wedding Banquet |

you know it took me like 6 months to memorize those two Chinese sentence!!
ReplyDeleteTalk about love! :-)
Jeanie