Thursday, September 13, 2007

Whoa? Where did all this traffic come from?

First I want to say "Welcome" to all my new visitors. Wow Jimmy, you're a popular guy! Traffic to my blog has tripled this week as word of Jimmy's nuptials spread among the disgruntled B-list people. Haha, I keed, I keed. And the video has been viewed over 100 times. I think this speaks volumes about the kind of friend Jimmy has been to all of us. And it's moments like these where I'm happy my blog can help people reconnect with old friends near and far.

During the ceremony I was a little disappointed that Rev. Godfrey did not share any fun stories about their childhood together. Lord knows there are tons. Maybe because since Godfrey is now a pastor, he doesn't want to bring up the past. So let me.

Back during high school one of our favorite pranks was to toilet-paper people's cars, houses, etc. One late night in 1985 I went along with Dave, Rev. Godfrey and Jim on a TP adventure. After TP'ing June's, Karen's and Evie's cars, we proceeded to Jackie's house. As we were decorating her car, we noticed Jimmy was missing. We looked around and saw him hiding behind a bush. We thought maybe he was peeing, but instead he was frantically removing his underwear. He came out and carefully hung his underwear on the car antenna. Of course we started busting up laughing and then the lights came on. We quickly ran behind some bushes and spied on an angry Jackie surveying the mess. When she came across the underwear you can hear her say, "What the...?" Her reaction was just priceless. She eventually did bust us, and considering Dave, Goff and I are slim guys, she pretty much knew who the briefs belonged to.

Come back next week when I hope to post pictures from this weekend's wedding banquet. If you can't remember to check back, you can always subscribe on the box to the right. That way you'll get the blog emailed to you whenever I post. I tend to post at least once a week. Anything more will reflect my boredom at work.

And lastly I just want to wish a happy birthday to two former celebrities on my blog who share the same birthday tomorrow, Burt and Grace. I wish you many more exciting events to fill your lives (because I'm always looking for content for my blog). To everyone else, thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!I am toatlly speechless!!! Thank you all for checking out Stan's blog and sharing the happiest day of my life with me. For those of you that have not met my wife. All I can say is she's the most patient, caring and giving person I know. Beides, she has to deal with me everyday. That's a full time job in itself. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was very disappointed myself that there was no stories at the wedding either. But with that awful sound system, it felt like Forest Gump giving his soldier speech. Anyhow, oh your story reminded me of so much. There was one time we broke into Jimmy's room aka his garage. Thanks for the birthday wish. I had forgotten that I shared my birthday with "Asia's Most Wanted," Burt. Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy,

    what a beautiful wedding and reception. Love the hawaiian theme! Had a wonderful time (sorry we didn't dance). thanks for all the memories through the years and hope to see you and jeanie more often! love, wenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like you all had a great little reunion. Edmond

    ReplyDelete