Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Redemption for lost soles

As loving parents, we can never let our kids go out in the wet weather with holes in their shoes. So this past weekend we traded in another pair of shoes through the Sears Kidvantage program.

For those of you who haven't followed our stories, we've been exchanging countless pairs of worn-out shoes and pants throughout the last few years. For Dustin's current size 2 sneaker journey, you can read about our first exchange here. Then, just recently, not even three months ago on Black Friday, we did a second exchange here. I'm surprised his sole wore out so fast. It must be the softer Airator bottoms because Colby's Skechers that we got at the same time, are still fine.

So while Chrissy was exchanging the pants upstairs, I quickly headed toward the shoe department. I immediately noticed that the exact same shoe was still available, but not in his size. Honestly, since the Airators wore out so fast, I did not want to get the same shoes. So I just grabbed the best looking pair in size 2.

I told the cashier dude it was a Kidvantage exchange and he said no problem. He didn't ask for a receipt nor phone number so I could save my Jedi Mind Trick for the next time. He scanned both boxes and said the new pair was more expensive. I told him that the exact shoe was not available in size 2, but according the retail price on the boxes, they are both $44.99. He said the other pair was on sale. I said it's not my fault one's on sale, they're both still the same retail price.

He, being a smart Asian guy, looked at the long line behind me and then realized that it wasn't worth the effort to argue because that would only add more work and frustration to his already long day. And it's not like Sears was going to give him commission on a loss exchange. With that, he didn't say another word and I was on my way with a brand new pair of shoes within 5 minutes. If you're counting, this will be Dustin's 4th pair of size 2 shoes! Man I love this program!

Oh yeah, in the meantime we found a cool pair of Skechers in the next size up (for Colby) on clearance for $15. Yep, we're already planning ahead.



From the Sears website:
Our KidVantage® Wearout Warranty is simple:
  • it covers all children's apparel and footwear as long as the child for whom you bought the item continues to wear the size
  • if the item wears out, Sears will, at its option, either repair or replace it with the identical item in the same size, or if it's unavailable, a similar item of equal value in the same size
  • it covers children's sizes from infants' up to 18 in apparel, and up to senior kids' size 6 in footwear, with proof of purchase
Also, once you spend $100 (accumulated), you'll get a 15% coupon.
Note: It is good to keep the original box because they will need to scan the barcode.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This must be a great program for boys! For girl's...not so much. Mine never really get to the point of wearing stuff out before they grow out of it.... We're more on the hand me down program w/ friends. Free jeans is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for some useful information Stan.  I will pass this
    on to our daughter.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete