Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The world is changing

First off, sorry for the long absence. For the last two years I've been averaging two posts per week, but I haven't posted in 20 days. Thanks to my faithful readers for inquiring about my silence. I am fine. Just been busy. I'll try to blog fast and furious in the next couple weeks to make up.

During my absence I've noticed some action in my blogosphere. If you look on the right column, I've added a listing of active blogging friends you might know (and deleted the deadbeats). First, I would like to welcome Oli and his new blog, Inconceivable. Then Patty finally got off Facebook long enough to put in a few entries. And Stu even updated twice since my last blog! Twice! Wow, I've really been gone a long time!

Captain EO
When we were at Disneyland's Tomorrow Land back in August, the first thing I noticed was, "Hey, where's Captain EO?" Upon checking with Wikipedia, I see that Captain EO closed in 1994 :( That should tell you when was the last time I've been there.

With today's inaugural speech, I can't help but think about Jacko singing "We Are Here to Change the World" to Anjelica Huston in 1986. To me, the 80's always had the best music. It brought back great memories at a time when MJ was still likeable. Still normal. And still black. A time when Whitney was still sweet and not a crack queen. And the hardest rappers were Run DMC. Music has only gone downhill after that.

I listened to the speech today. Like many of you, I felt inspired. I felt hope. I know change is coming. But change for the better remains to be seen. Honestly I can't help but feel trapped in the back of a big bus heading in the wrong direction... But that's just me. In these violent times and crappy economical conditions, lets forget about today for a moment and relive the good times with Michael strutting his stuff. Nobody moonwalks any better!


1 comment: