I've been lurking around a few forums lately, and from what I'm hearing is that due to the hard economy, many people have been canceling or downgrading their internet subscriptions. Now of course AT&T don't want to lose your business so they're gonna try hard to retain you.
So I decided to give them a call and threaten to cancel my DSL, which is currently $25/month. The lady was very nice and pleaded with me to stay on. She tried to offer me the U-Verse package but I graciously declined. "Um no thank you. I want to lower my bill, not raise it." So instead she cut my monthly DSL rate in half to $12.50 for the next six months. I said OK, that's better. That's a $75 savings for a 15 minute phone call. Not too shabby. You should call too, 1-800-288-2020.
Remind me to call again in six months.
No comments:
Post a Comment