Can you believe I've NEVER been on a business trip? Ever? The closest thing to a business trip for me is going to Macworld (which I missed this year because of a sick child).Anyway, today and Friday I'll be attending a two-day field trip. Yep, my boss is letting me travel all the way to Oakland's Jack London Square to learn more about photography from the greatest wedding photographer of all time – Scott Lim himself (aka Scott Robert).
One of the few perks we get at work is an annual tuition allowance. Scott's workshop is pricey, but fortunately within our budget. And from what I've read, he's worth every penny! So why not? This is a great opportunity for me to get out of the office a couple days, as well as pick up some photo tips. I'm also bringing a coworker so I won't be the only one getting laughed at.
Hopefully from this point forward, you'll see an improvement in my photos. As a beginning photographer, I may easily get overwhelmed. But even if, at the very least I'll get to hang with Scott, which should be fun. He keeps telling me it's gonna be "amazing!"
Technically this really isn't a business trip but a "training seminar." They're not paying for a hotel room and I'm not sure if I'll even be reimbursed for meals or parking or ferry toll. Regardless, I'm still excited to go, because at my job, this is really as good as it gets! Woohoo!
AWESOME opportunity and to work with the GREAT Scott Robert is priceless.. do you remember him before he became famous? :) Have a great time! Cez
ReplyDelete