No, I'm not talking about the booting of Michael Johns. Was that any surprise? I told Chrissy last month that anyone who is married/engaged/bf/gf will never win. Teenyboppers with speed-dial make up the bulk of the votes, and they ain't gonna vote for someone that's not available in their fantasies. That's the reason why in seasons past, frontrunners like Daughtry and LaToya London were eliminated on week 8 when it should've been Yamin and Jasmine Trias (but she was sooooo cute!). So if I'm correct, be prepared to say goodbye to Syesha, Carly, and Brooke next.
Ok, now back to the shocker. The real shocker this week wasn't Michael Johns, but the suprise performance of Darlene Zschech's Shout to the Lord.
In the "Idols Give Back" special show, the Top-8 sang this song as the finale on the biggest stage at the Kodak Theater. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! It was an awesome and inspiring performance! And watched by 30 million viewers!! My only gripe was that they replaced "My Jesus" with "My Shepard" at the beginning of the song. But still an incredible moment for a Christian song to be featured on such a secular show. Unfortunately, the moment was ruined shortly afterwards, as they showed a clip of Ben Stiller on stage swearing... which quickly reminded me that I was watching network television.
On last night's elimination show, they sang a reprise, but this time with "My Jesus" re-inserted as it was originally written. Hmm, I wonder what happened... Maybe Darlene called and said she was gonna start crackin' skulls. Although she probably worded it nicer.
If you've never watched American Idol, I would rate it among the better family entertainment shows available. The contestants are talented, genuine and unlike Dancing with the Stars, they have all their clothes on.
Update:
For some reason, the Blogger video clip is not loading (maybe because it's blocking copyrighted videos). So I added the YouTube clip also.
No comments:
Post a Comment