




Last Sunday we had a friendly and contentious day at the park in San Ramon. We fearless parents were challenged by our snotty kids to a game of baseball. They think they're all cool and can beat anyone tripling their weight. We say, "Bring it on, suckas!!"
The moms meant business. They were unafraid to show any restraint as they powered the wiffle ball into the outfield. The dads were forced to bat left-handed, but still packed a punch as we launched ball after ball into the gap and over their heads. I remember running past Ashley and she's yelling, "It's not fair!!" For a split second I felt her pain, but all I could say was, "Buh-bye...." as I rounded the base.
One parent was really
Me on the other hand, showed no mercy as I tackled two boys at home plate just to keep the game close! See-Ya!! Yeah, who's your daddy?? But in the end, those 11 runs were insurmountable as we lost 14-16 (is that right?).
Afterwards we were treated to a delicious BBQ dinner. A heartfelt thanks to the Wong family for a really wonderful gathering (and for hosting our rowdy bunch). I haven't had this much fun in a long time!
Can we play too?!?! Sounds like a terrific time, and a tradition to start.....
ReplyDelete