On Saturday we attended a red egg party at the China Wall Buffet restaurant in Dublin for Chrissy's cousin. She told me to bring my camera and good thing I listened. Little did I know we would encounter one of the all-time greatest legends of CIBC!I was getting my food and this woman starts yelling my name. I'm thinking to myself, "who is this crazy woman?" I notice she's sitting next to Marj/Hanford so I figure she can't be too dangerous. I cautiously approach her and ask, "Do I know you?" She says, "I'm Wendy, you know, Randall's wife..." It took a second to register and then, Oh Yeah!! I told her I didn't recognize her with her new glasses. But she immediately recognized me even without my glasses and holding a little girl and with a new haircut. So my attempts at obscurity is failing on all fronts.
We're chatting away and Randall shows up a few moments later. He still looks the same wearing his signature button down shirt, and the appearance of being both happy and exhausted at the same time. He also wears braces now. First thing he tells me is that he visited my website! Then of course we try to catch up on everything else. We were trying figure out when was the last time we saw each other. I did some research and it was the fall of 2002 when I was working on the CIBC video (Randall has a huge collection of photos). They now have two sons, Kendall (7) and Mitchell (5). Wendy says that they're all done, but that's what everyone says right before having their third. Am I right?
They're living back in Randall's original house on Foster. Wendy says it's been remodeled and redecorated and is real nice (Interpretation: Come check out my new floors and stay for dinner!). Randall now works in Alameda doing tech support. Thanks to Vista, he should be gainfully employed for a long long time :)

The red egg party was for Chrissy's cousin, Alvin and Denise. Alvin told me his coworker, XCI Thomas Lam, introduced him to my blog! Wow, another reader! They just had their third child, Ryan. Hmm, I wonder if they're done... They, along with Marj and Dr. Daniel, all attend the same church on Bay Farm Island (forgot the name).Oh yeah, the food at China Wall was very good also. This is the first buffet restaurant where I mostly ate the stir fry stuff. Everything was fresh, flavorful and the sushi was good too (warning: I have low standards). I don't remember seeing any Jell-O but we did load up on the fresh mango. I would definitely return.
The church is called Bay Farm Community Church
ReplyDelete