Friday, July 20, 2007

May I have your autograph?

Many of you don't know that Mrs. Owen Lee was prominently featured in an indie film in 2005. (The link is on the sidebar with the rest of my friends' websites.) The film was highly rated and won several awards. Up until recently, the only place to see it was at a film festival or special screening. But now it has finally been released on DVD.

This week I was able to watch it for the first time thanks to a surprise package from the star herself. The documentary interviews many people, but mainly focuses on the lives of six women that share the same name. Three are Chinese and three are Korean. And the ages range from a teen to an 88-year old. Their stories are unique and moving, but some are also very stereotypical. I especially liked how it combined the stories of the two "active committed Christian" women which allowed each of them to share an evangelical message. Very cool. Mrs. Lee, you've done us proud!

Below is a 2-minute clip of the film. If you've noticed, I purposely make no mention of the film's name both on this blog and the YouTube clip. Even with Mrs. Lee's permission, there are copyright issues, so it's best that these items remain unsearchable and shared just among us friends. But for now, enjoy the teaser. It will no doubt leave you wanting to see more. If you want to see the rest, contact me. You can also view the official trailer at gracelee.net.

1 comment:

  1. OK Stanley, I know you have a copy of this readily available for downloading.........

    ReplyDelete