Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Thriller!
I just had to share this video with you. I was a huge MJ fan back in high school, back when he was still ebony and not ivory. I ran across this video (don't ask me how) and just about died laughing! The performers are real inmates in a Philippines prison. This is what I call rehabilitation!
I grabbed this video off of YouTube and posted it back onto YouTube but under my account. Now why would I do that? YouTube freely allows you to embed other people's videos onto your website. But the problem with that is that the video displays all the pages that are linking up to it. So if it's a popular video with a million visitors, those million people may see your link and visit your page. Some people might like that but I don't want the extra traffic.
YouTube to my computer
So how did I get the video off of YouTube? I found this awesome website called vixy.net. If you go there, you can just enter the URL of the video you want, then select how you want the file converted (mp4, mov, avi, 3gp), and voila. It will convert the video and then download to your computer. The above 5 minute video took about 5 minutes total for me to download my own personal copy. Real fast. Real easy. No software needed. No account to register. I wish everything was this simple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness that "Thriller" video is crazy. They're really good and
ReplyDeletethat transvestite, he was fantastic.