Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dedication Uncensored

On Sunday, March 25 we did our baby dedication for Justine. This photo shows the 200+ people I was facing, so you can understand my nervousness as I mumbled and stumbled my way through it. We received a ton of comments afterwards. The one thing people kept asking was, "Did you videotape it?" Well yes we did! Thanks to my buddy Chris (he's the guy in the front row making the bodily sounds--or was that Ken?), we can share it with you.

As I watched myself on video for the first time, it was weird, even worse that listening to your own voice! My gestures and mannerisms... is that how I really act? I feel like such a dork! And I apologize for mumbling through some of it. Yes, I know I have a mumbling problem. A friend of mine once told me that I mumbled a lot. I haven't seen that person in years because, well, I no longer talk (mumble) to them. So bear with me and thank you for accepting me the way I am.

This video will be most valuable in 15 years when my precious daughter is a rebellious teen and hates me. This will show her how hard I fought to bring her into this world--that little ingrate! And that her MOM is to blame for her not having a younger sister to kick around. That's right, I got an ace up my sleeve!

So if you weren't there on Sunday, or you were late (because the road from Danville to Oakland is sooooo long), or you couldn't understand just what the heck I was mumbling about, I posted this video just for you. But be warned, if you're expecting something touchy feely and inspirational, you'll be deeply disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. great dedication video. none of that sappy baby stuff, but the real day to day life of being a parent. hey you could do a stand up routine at ci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine was SO well behaved during the ceremony! Amazing! Is she usually like that? And your speech was typical you - entertaining. 8) Congrats to you and Chrissy, also for surviving 11 years together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay guy, you are a stand-up comedian. Mumble, what mumble, didn't even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED IT!!!!!! One of the best dedications ever. Justine is beautiful and she has a gentleness about her like her mommy.

    ReplyDelete