Friday, March 9, 2007

Long Days Long Nights

Today is my 7th day of being "in charge." A good night's rest is getting 5 consecutive hours. So far I've only had 2 good nights. Surprisingly, I'm still able to function with at least 75% competency. My mom helps me with the other 25% as she plays with baby, do dishes and prepare lunch. I, though, have to do the dirty work as I quickly reacquaint myself to green slimy poop.

I get out of the house twice a day to drop off and pick up Dustin. I take Colby along and purposely park a couple blocks away to avoid traffic and to get some exercise. The boys like to veer off to these side trails so sometimes we take a long loop around (great way to tire Colby out to force him to nap at 3:30).

Home before 3, snack time, then one hour of homework starting at 3:30. Their favorite show, Zaboomafoo, is on at 4:30. For every minute he goofs off, the later we turn on the tv. He quickly realizes that the time he wastes is cutting into his show. If he's good all week, then Friday we invite a friend over for a play date and dinner.

I'm on the computer off and on all day doing research (mindless surfing). You'll see my IM icon on and off. I appreciate many of you that chat with me. It's nice to have some adult interaction every now and then. Just understand that if I don't reply immediately, it's because someone is freaking out somewhere. Or I'm passed out.

Here's a brand new site I found today: Jungle Crazy.

Do you like shopping on Amazon? I do, especially since I still have a couple of gift certificates that expire soon. Sometimes Amazon has some amazing sales, but finding them can be rather difficult. Jungle Crazy is a very cool visual search engine of ONLY CLEARANCE items at Amazon.com. They're all at least 70% off, some as much as 90% off. One item of serious consideration is this JVC Clock Radio with iPod Dock. List price $218, now $44.21 with free shipping. I need a digital clock so in the middle of the night when baby cries, I'll know what time it is (currently I have to shine a flashlight onto the wall clock). Pretty good deal for all it's functionality. And it's not some funky off-brand. Only gripe is no remote control.

Freebie Friday:
Free Starbucks Coffee on March 15
Free Lipbalm
Free Sample Sunsilk Thermashine Hairapy
As always, you can enter a fake email and telephone and even use your work address if you want to avoid spam and junk mail.

Reminder: Tomorrow at CIBC at 2pm is Pastor Tong's Memorial Service. If you cannot attend and want to see the printed program I designed, you can download the 2mb PDF file here. You can read his bio and see some great photos of his younger days. Otherwise, hope to see you there. You'll even get to hear Patty sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment