Monday, March 26, 2007

My Special Projects

Last week I took a break from blogging (and everything else) to work on a memorial video and printed program (PDF) for Breanna Tang, the 5 year-old daughter of Ben and Nancy. As you can imagine, it was truly a heart-wrenching project, to say the least. But through lots of prayer and perseverance, I was able to create a memorial that reflected the life and love of her wonderful family. The funeral was on Saturday. Everything from start to finish was beautiful and touching, especially the testimonies. Breanna will be sorely missed.

I've been off work for only 3 weeks and God has filled 2 of those weeks with meaningful projects to help two families: the Tongs and the Tangs. I'm sure it's no coincidence, but rather evidence of God's perfect timing. If I had been working, there would've been no way I could've delivered upon these projects. Well actually, I probably could've, but it would've been half-baked and wouldn't represent my best efforts. So I am grateful for the opportunities and humbled to be entrusted with such responsibilities.

Believe it or not, this morning I'm about to head off to yet another funeral, Susana's mom. I'm waiting to meet up with Wenna and Grace. As I look out my gloomy window, I see my overgrown weed garden and dirty cars still awaiting my attention. I'll get to them eventually, but not now. Because I realize that time is best invested in people, and not chores. Weeds will still be there next week. People may not.

Below is Breanna's video. Please remember to keep the Tongs, Tangs and Chans in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. You always do such a great job on these memorial videos, Stan. Thank you for helping all of us be mindful of the blessings in our lives!

    ReplyDelete