Monday, February 5, 2007

Sleepy Monday


Barely 10 a.m. and I'm already falling asleep again. I guess I'm still recovering from the busy weekend.

Yesterday Goff spoke at CIBC. Talked about heroic love--love for all people, not just the ones you know. Speaking of love, I invited a few of ya'll to come (Jim, Will, Pat, Matt), but none of you showed up! Yo, where's your love?? Regardless, we had a nice sushi lunch with Dave's family. I was able to enjoy my lunch because I sent Dustin off with a friend. (Rule #1, you cannot enjoy a meal when your kids outnumber you.) After lunch we ran into Clayton and Avalon, 2 more XCI (forgot to pull out my camera, but they look the same) and hung out a while near the fountain.

Got home in time to watch the Super Bowl, but for some reason I thought it started at 5 so I missed the first half. But we did get to see Prince perform. I used to be a big fan in high school but haven't been interested in anything from him since. Fortunately, 3 of the 4 songs performed were popular ones from Purple Rain. He still looked and sounded pretty good. I saw him recently at the Golden Globes and he looked horrible with ratty hair. I was able to finish the game (although disappointed that the Bears couldn't score) and have a nice quiet dinner (because of Rule #1).

After dinner, went down the street to pick up Dustin from Machella's. I helped them install and paint some wall mouldings that was left incomplete from their project 9 years ago. They entertain and feed my kids, I help them with home repair. I think it's a good trade. Another productive Sunday.

Update on the Toto: This past week, everyone has been instructed to poop in the Toto. We even allowed the boys to eat less veggies too. So far so good. The flush is fast, like gone in 2 seconds. Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Great CI video, Stan! What awesome tribute to what the Lord has done in little ol' Oakland. Serves as a reminder of what He will continue to do thru CI! Thanks also for all your great tips on toilet shopping- really came in handy :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete