It's 10:30 p.m. and I'm about to start my new job, Mr. Mom. Chrissy just went to bed. She goes back to work tomorrow morning. Earlier, she gave me a ton of instructions for each kid and I probably retained maybe 10% of it. Regardless, I am now in charge.
Today was my last day at work before going on my vacation/paternity leave/bonding time...whatever you want to call it. The California Family Leave Act will pay you 5.3 hours/day for 6 weeks for you to bond with your baby during the first year, or care for another individual. You supplement it with 2.7 vacation hours to make up the full day. With all my vacation time plus comp time, I'm loaded up until the end of May. Yep, it will be 90 days before I have to go back to that paradise of mine called the office--May 29 to be exact.
But don't be jealous of me, I really prefer going to work instead. I've already done the stay-at-home thing during my 4 unemployed years and I can't say I miss it. I'm already dreading the diaper duty and mid-morning feedings again. True I cared for Colby since he was 3 months, but then I only had 2 kids and didn't have to transport any to/from school. With 3 kids, I'm clearly outnumbered. My role as the father will face its toughest test thus far. I may need to build a "time out" room in the garage. The one good thing is that my mom can help with cooking and cleaning, but my sleep-deprived nights are about to begin again.
I hope you had a good night's sleep.
Welcome Back! Mr. Mom...it's not so bad with the boys being older. They can take care of themselves - right?! Enjoy your bonding time; the kids do grow up fast...besides sleep is over-rated!
ReplyDelete