Friday, August 6, 2010

Kidvantage: 7 for the price of 1


This morning on the way to a memorial service, with 30 minutes to kill, I decided to swing by Sears in Downtown Oakland. I found plenty of metered parking, even one with 19 minutes left! I looked in my wallet and only had 15¢, which bought me another THREE minutes! So with 22 minutes, I ran into Sears for another Kidvantage exchange.

It's been a while since I blogged about Kidvantage, skipping the last two exchanges. So if you count those exchanges, we've exchanged Dustin's size 2 Skechers SIX times! That means we've gotten 7 pairs for the price of one! If you do the math, at $35-40/pair, we've gotten over $200 worth of additional shoes with the initial $30 purchase. And that's not even counting the many times we exchange for Colby, plus all the pants too! Today I exchanged Dustin's size 3 and Colby's size 12. We seem to do an exchange every 3-4 months.

So a little bit of news, the Kidvantage program is changing a little. Last time when Chrissy exchanged the jeans, she was told that now they require a receipt – she didn't have one. But they know the policy is new so they exchanged it anyway. Perhaps she'll need one next time. We save all our receipts.

Today's exchange went quickly without a hitch, and I was back at the car with 7 minutes left on the meter. To expedite the transaction, find the replacement shoe that's the same size and sale price as the one you are returning. It doesn't even have to be the same brand. And having a receipt will eliminate the use of the Jedi mind trick.

As repeated on my previous post, I know some of you still refuse to shop at Sears. You continue to buy your kid shoes at Footlocker, Kohls, JCPenny, etc., totally ignoring my valuable advice and unnecessarily spending all your hard-earned money... Well that's ok. I truly admire your deep pockets and tremendous spending power. I always say, if I myself can't be rich, the next best thing is to have rich friends!

But a warning to you parents, if your kids refuse the shoes at Sears because they don't like the "style" or what not, and make you spend more elsewhere for a better "style", then your kids are slowly developing an attitude that can easily lead to being high-maintenance as a grown-up. Our kids wear what we buy them and that's that. And when they get older, I'll warn them to stay far away from high-maintenance people – that is, unless they want to be broke the rest of their lives.

When I got home with the new shoes, my boys were thrilled! My mom, fully aware of all our Kidvantage savings said (in Chinese), "Isn't America great?"

From their website (http://www.mysears.com/kidvantage/details.html):
There’s no limit to the savings you can earn with KidVantage Club!

Kidvantage wear-out guarantee
You want the kids’ clothes and shoes you buy to last—especially in today’s economy. That’s why KidVantage Club members get this great guarantee: if the kids’ clothes or shoes you buy at Sears wear out before they’re outgrown, we’ll replace them for free. You’ll get an identical item, whenever possible, or a similar item of equal value in the same size. Please note that you must present your receipt to replace worn-out national brand clothing and shoes.
  • The KidVantage® program is not available for purchases made at sears.com. The KidVantage program is only offered through our Sears’ retail stores. Simply provide your phone number to the Sales Associate at the time of purchase.
  • KidVantage Club applies to children’s clothes, sizes infant to 20, and children’s shoes, girls’ to size 4, boys’ to size 6, sold by Sears’ retail stores in the U.S.
  • Kids’ Lands’ End® merchandise, Great Price Items and clearance merchandise count toward your $100 total and the Wear-Out guarantee. The program does NOT include infant furniture, accessories, electronics and toys.
  • After you spend $100 in qualifying purchases, look for your coupon printed on your receipt. The 15% off sales receipt coupon may not be applied toward the purchase of Kids’ Lands’ End® merchandise, Great Price Items or clearance merchandise. The 15% off sales receipt coupon expires 6 months after the date of issue.
  • Wear-out guarantee excludes stain-damaged clothing. Your receipt may be required at the time of exchange.
  • Sears reserves the right to modify the benefits and incentives or cancel the KidVantage Club at any time.
  • All brands are not available at all stores.
What others are saying about Kidvantage:
http://www.viewpoints.com/Sears-Kidvantage-Membership-Club-Childrens-clothing-reviews

Related Links:
1st exchange
2nd exchange
3rd exchange
4th exchange

4 comments:

  1. Yes... my daughters (or at least one of them) are 'high-maintenance'.. but don't you worry... you have that little one still. We'll see how 'pretty' she'll want to be when she grows up! Got to look good to attract that future son-in-law who'll pay and take you on vacations with them; to eat at the hip new restaurants.. you know.. take care of you when you're old and gray :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right, my daughter is quite picky about her clothing. But since my wife dresses her, I haven't paid much attention to it, perhaps I should start... Boys are easier that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, girls are completely opposite of boys ... Isn't it nice to have two boys that don't seem to grow any bigger year after year, wearing the same shoes for 3+ years? I think Vanessa grew 4 sizes in 1 year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Dustin was in size 2 for almost 2 years. He'll always be in the 25 percentile. I think both our kids are extremes.

    ReplyDelete