Monday, June 15, 2009

Kidvantage: 5 for the price of 1

Last week we replaced Dustin's Skechers for the FOURTH time! That means this is his 5th pair of size 2's. Let's see, if you do the math, it's about $40/pair, so we've gotten $160 worth of free shoes in one year. And that's not even counting Colby! If it wasn't for this blog helping me keep track, I would've lost count by now.

But now I'm kind of worried. Not that Sears may catch on to how we're cashing in on this program, but the fact that Dustin's feet hasn't grown in over a year... As much as I like getting the free shoes, I sure hope this will be the last pair of size 2's he'll be wearing.

I know some of you still refuse to shop at Sears. You continue to buy your kid shoes at Footlocker, Sportmart or JCPenny, totally ignoring my valuable advice and unnecessarily spending all your hard-earned money... And that's ok. I truly admire your deep pockets and tremendous spending power. I always say, if I myself can't be rich, the next best thing is to have rich friends!

Related Links:
1st exchange
2nd exchange
3rd exchange

From the Sears website:
Our KidVantage® Wearout Warranty is simple:
  • it covers all children's apparel and footwear as long as the child for whom you bought the item continues to wear the size
  • if the item wears out, Sears will, at its option, either repair or replace it with the identical item in the same size, or if it's unavailable, a similar item of equal value in the same size
  • it covers children's sizes from infants' up to 18 in apparel, and up to senior kids' size 6 in footwear, with proof of purchase
Also, once you spend $100 (accumulated), you'll get a 15% coupon.
Note: It is good to keep the original box because they will need to scan the barcode.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be more worried at why Dustin's feet has grown in over a year ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I bought the first set of shoes for Kalista at Sears last month and yes, she is already ready for another pair. Her feet don't grow very fast so I'm counting on the savings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm worried. And Patty, be sure to thank me later!

    ReplyDelete