Like last year, and the many years prior to that, the Tangs graciously hosted the annual hotpot party on Christmas Eve. I think this is the 6th year we've done this (I lost count), but I'm pretty sure us, along with Chris, Oliver, Steve and Mary have all had perfect attendance! We look forward to this every year!
For all you non-Chinese folks that are wondering what the heck we're eating... we had thinly sliced beef and pork, shrimp, clams, crab, tripe, fun-see noodles, mushrooms (brown, enoki), meatballs, tofu and green leafy veggies. Throw everything into the water and boil it to death. We all share the same two pots so if anyone is sick, everyone gets sick (although all the germs should get killed by the temperature...). Also my mom fried two pans of eggrolls and shrimp chips, and we had all kinds of dessert.
Earlier that day I saw Grace and Owen during lunch and offered to sneak them in to hotpot like I did last year. But she blew me off saying they had better things to do, like preaching at church (Note: they are both pastors).
Anyway, as always, the food, fellowship and fun were all top-notch and we never get tired of seeing the same ole people every year :0
Below are the photos in chronological order. Thanks Ray and Mrs. Tang! Can't wait til the next time we eat and party together... Oh wait, that's tomorrow!
For all you non-Chinese folks that are wondering what the heck we're eating... we had thinly sliced beef and pork, shrimp, clams, crab, tripe, fun-see noodles, mushrooms (brown, enoki), meatballs, tofu and green leafy veggies. Throw everything into the water and boil it to death. We all share the same two pots so if anyone is sick, everyone gets sick (although all the germs should get killed by the temperature...). Also my mom fried two pans of eggrolls and shrimp chips, and we had all kinds of dessert.
Earlier that day I saw Grace and Owen during lunch and offered to sneak them in to hotpot like I did last year. But she blew me off saying they had better things to do, like preaching at church (Note: they are both pastors).
Anyway, as always, the food, fellowship and fun were all top-notch and we never get tired of seeing the same ole people every year :0
Below are the photos in chronological order. Thanks Ray and Mrs. Tang! Can't wait til the next time we eat and party together... Oh wait, that's tomorrow!
6:25 p.m.Fend for yourself. Everyone was trying to eat as much as they could before the
other Fongs showed up. This was taken right before the fight broke out.
other Fongs showed up. This was taken right before the fight broke out.
6:45 p.m.Like in the old days, the women and children wait while the men go fishing for dinner.
7:56 p.m.Almost everyone is done eating.
Chris was eating real good all night – except at the MJ table :o
11:35 p.m.I got tired of losing at MJ so I had to beat up the Scrabble players instead.
WREAKERS, 68 points!






I look forward to that night every year. Good Times!
ReplyDelete