Many people have friends that number into the hundreds on Facebook. But if you were to survey your collection of friends, how many of them would take time off to get together with you? Or invite you over to their home? And feed your entire family? I would suspect maybe 5-10%.
In our busy lives and limited accommodations, it's really hard to make time and space for everyone. So whenever a party comes up, we consider it a privilege and try our best not to miss it. It's like I told Dave a few weeks ago, "Dude, you better go. It's not often she gets down to the C-List!"
I'm also grateful for the friends that show up at these gatherings. Because they, like me, also cherish the opportunity to catch up in person. To get a hug, see the sparkle in their eyes, interact with the kids... things you can't get by just being an online virtual friend.
To most people, going to a party is a no-brainer. But believe it or not, I know several people who aren't quite as social as the rest of us. I almost have to beg them to get out of the house. And they'll always be the first to leave and blame the kids saying that they're tired (when they're whooping and hollering). To those people let me ask, "Is it really that bad to spend the evening with me? Once you get past the sarcasm, insults and bad jokes, I think I'm quite tolerable." Or maybe you just need some thicker skin. Haha.
So thanks for letting me be a part of your life. I look forward to seeing many more of you in the weeks to come. Below are some captured moments from the previous weeks.
They only invited one Fong family, but three showed up. They didn't realize thatus Fongs are a package deal :) We didn't stay long because there was no food
and we weren't allowed to use the bathrooms. Haha.
Note: They just got the keys and were still unpacking, and the toilets weren't installed yet.
(Yes, Toto, by my recommendation. I even went shopping with them!)











I would walk 500 miles...then again, maybe NOT! But I am willing to drive hundreds of miles just to see you all this year...
ReplyDelete