It's been 36 hours and I can still feel the pain. I couldn't bear watching the entire game. My only regret now is wasting 2 hours of my life Monday night. I feel especially sorry for those who actually paid money to attend the game. That must have been a looong ride home!Is there a scheduling conspiracy? Twice in the last three years the underdog Raiders opened on a Monday night at home to a hated division rival. In 2006 they lost to the Chargers 27-0, and this year was even worst because it was to #1 arch nemesis Shanahan! The NFL must hate the Raiders – again setting them up for embarrassment on week 1 on national TV. I guess seeing grown men in face paint crying is great for reality television.
Prior to the game I actually thought the Raiders had a chance. I mean last year the Raiders would've swept the season series if it wasn't for Shanahan calling time out on Janikowski's first kick (only to have him clank the second one!). And this year the Raiders are supposed to have a better team with a beefed up secondary... Boy was I wrong!
And have you seen Al lately? Man, and people talk about how old McCain is... Al could be his father! It's safe to say that his mental sharpness has dulled since he hired Gruden 10 years ago. Year after year, his judgement in talent in free agent signings have not produced well. All during the broadcast, the cameras kept showing Al, motionless, watching the game in the booth. Sadly, it reminded me of the times I used to visit my dad at the convalescent home.So with the A's imploding and the Monta Ellis saga, looks like it's going to be a grim year for bay area sports fans. To my family's delight though, that means I'll be able to spend a little more time with them on Sunday afternoons. Maybe the grass will get mowed and the cars will get washed or maybe I can go play tennis. Wow, life without televised sports – how horrible would that be?
I'm fully embarrassed to say that I was there to see the slaughter in person ...
ReplyDeleteI'm fully embarrassed to say that I was there to see the slaughter in person ... I'm watching the rest of the season at home in HD. At least I can turn it off or change the channel if it's too bloody or graphic!!!
ReplyDeleteIs it okay to say, "I'm praying that Al Davis croaks soon?"