Friday, August 29, 2008

My job doesn't get any more exciting than this.

On Wednesday I spent half the day baking in the sun in the middle of nowhere (technically, it was somewhere east of Gilroy and Hollister, but it really felt like nowhere). I was there to serve as a staff photographer. This is probably as professional as my photography career will ever be.
A marching band and dancing girls on a freeway overpass – now that's something you don't see everyday. Poor band guys were sweatin' like pigs in those outfits.
Ahh, I remember the days when I used to be young and nimble.
They had some sweet moves.
Hmm, not sure what's going on here... I think this was the part of the song that goes, "Drop the pedal and go! Go! Go!! I'm going riding on the freeway of love..." (Aretha Franklin, 1985)
Shh. The GM is speaking. Everyone else on that stage got to speak too. Did I mention how hot the air was that day?
Actually, I expected it to be even hotter. But it was only 90 degrees (at 10:30 a.m.).

The big wigs of Silicon Valley. They're not used to listening to directions – um, look at the camera will ya? I had them all lined up with the short guys on the end, and then at the last second this humongous dude (who is some sorta VIP I guess) runs in, stands on the wrong side, blocks the little guy, and casts this enormous shadow... Honestly, I have better luck lining up children.
I don't know how people can wear dark colors and long-sleeved shirts on a day like that. Kind of reminds me of those greasy gansta teens you see at Great America. I was dressed in cool white cotton, but my evil boss forced me to wear a tie. Cruel I say.

1 comment:

  1. This is what you get for spending a couple thousand dollars of the company's (taxpayer's) money on a photography seminar in SF ... Staff photographer? New job?

    ReplyDelete