Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wii Be Fit!

Well not really... but it was definitely fun trying!






This past weekend we finally were able to test out the Wii Fit with the family and a few unsuspecting friends. It took me a while to figure it out, mainly because I was using it BACKWARDS!! But once my idiocy was corrected, the verdict was: Fun Fun Fun!!

The games/exercises were challenging and somewhat difficult, but the whimsical graphics and animation helped soften the blow when you realize that you're an uncoordinated, unbalanced, wimpy, overweight couch potato. Even when you think you did quite well, you only get one star (out of four) and labeled an amateur. I guess this allows room for improvement. Clearly a very frustrating and humbling device, but still loads of self-deprecating fun.

I can't imagine this replacing a gym membership, but for the many of us whose only exercise is pushing a stroller, or walking from the parking lot to the BART train, or (ahem) playing golf, this is a good start.

On the technical side...
Thanks to your taxpayer dollars, we recently purchased a new 50mm lens as well as a new SB800 flash. As you can see, the flash is blasting them in the front while I'm remotely shooting off on the side. It's something new I'm trying to get greater depth and interesting shadows. I'm still learning...

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog

    I think it's great - and yes I do think it will replace visits to the gym (for some, not all) - have you tried the yoga fitness training videos - try doing those - it's like having a personal trainer. How about the running? Doing that a few times can be a workout.

    Hope you and the fam are healthy and fit - stay in touch!

    M

    ReplyDelete