
After 3 days of working through lunch and overtime, today I indulged myself with a nice 2-hour meat-feed.
This morning I got an email from my friend Suzanne (an XCI in jr. high). Today, she's visiting my company's cafeteria. You see, Suzanne is a recently-certified hard core county health inspector. She can spot rat droppings and smell urine a mile away! And she'll get all in your face if you don't wash/rinse/sanitize dishes correctly. In order to preserve our friendship, we no longer allow her into our house (j/k) After chatting a bit, she convinced me to save the lunch I brought (leftovers) and join her at Black Angus where she had a coupon for $7.99 prime rib. Yum!! As a bonus, an old high school friend, Tina, along with 2 former coworkers from Nightfire would be joining us. How could I resist??
It was good to see everyone, and they all looked great. We were catching up each other and shared about other friends and coworkers (many of which I only remember by name now). They even had me singing that Chaka Kan song "let me love you let me rock you chaka kan..." (in my younger days, I was able to recite that whole song.) I stuffed myself as the lunch quickly came to an end. Since we're all working in San Jose now, there's no doubt we'll do it again soon.
So here I am back at my desk reflecting on the last few hours. With the lunch sitting like a rock in me, I'm unable to move. My eyes are tiring as I slowly slump in my chair. I notice an IM from my wife telling me that her mom brought Burger King food for lunch. My initial thought was, "Huh? I would expect mom to bring dim sum or some other chinatown dish, not burgers!" (But hey, we never turn down free food, especially when it's delivered!). But why was she telling me? It's not like I can enjoy any of it... Was she somehow ribbing me to imply that, unlike me, she doesn't have to eat yesterday's leftovers?? Ha! I immediately sent her a pic of MY meal! Yeah, feast your eyes on what I had!! Real meat! Real onion rings! A few moments later she replied, "Wow, was it good?" I did not answer. I'm sure we can talk about it tonight over dinner... as we finish our leftovers.
had me wishing i was there.....until you mentioned the "real onion rings" ;-P
ReplyDeletehope you had a great weekend. we spent ours taking down the christmas tree and trying to find space for all the kids' toys. man, i need a bigger house.
look forward to your next posting!
L8r
aaak