Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My First Blog (ever)

It's the start of a new year. Time to start something new.

With inspiration from two friends, I've decided to start a blog. Of course the biggest question before starting a blog, is to determine your audience (if any). I think for now, it will just be maybe a few distant friends (distant enough where they can't insult me face to face).

Why blog? I'm often sitting here at work staring out the window like a trapped prisoner longing for some external stimulation. Being a government employee, my creativity is sometimes restricted (to meet ADA and other standards). I can view this blog to be a form of expression to unleash my pent up frustration, but I'd rather think this is my attempt to help people make their lives better, happier. Time will only tell if I have succeeded.

Who Fong Paid. What does that mean? In the Chinese literal sense, it means "Who floated an air biscuit?" -- My kids often ask this when they smell something... For me, I shop on Craigslist a lot, so it can mean "Who Fong Paid for ___ on Craigslist." I can talk about my latest transactions and hot deals. Also, I often meet up with long lost friends, so it can mean "Who Fong Paid a visit to last week?" I can use this blog as a virtual reunion for buddies.

So there goes my first post. Hopefully, life will bring upon exciting things for me to report on. Happy reading.

1 comment: