Friday, March 19, 2010

Dear Faithful Readers

I apologize for the long absence. I know you come here week after week looking for insight and entertainment only to be disappointed the past month. I'm sorry to have left a void in your workday. And I know your dinner conversation has suffered during my absence… I know how you feel. It just isn't fair. It's like when I was in college and there was this cute girl in lecture hall. Every day I would try to grab a seat closer to her hoping she would notice me. Then a few weeks into the quarter when I finally score the seat right next to her, I notice she's pregnant… OK, so it's not really related, but disappointment nonetheless!

Like I noted in an earlier post, Blogger is blocked here in the dungeon. And for me, my blogging comes in spontaneous spurts. If I get an idea, I'll need to post it immediately. Otherwise, when I get home, my energy is quickly sapped by a little three-headed six-legged monster, and then even the most gallant efforts are gone. Without that instant direct-connect at work, my once-spirited lifeline to the outside world is severely crippled.

Also, my life hasn't been very interesting lately. Haven't gone anywhere, no photo assignments, zero free food… I mean why blog unless I have something of value to offer?? Isn't the whole point of blogging to show how much better my life is than yours? (And then to follow up showing how much worse it is also??) Quite the quandary. I'm reduced to being just like everyone else.

And then there's peer pressure, or may I say, the lack of… Yeah, don't get mad at me, just look at my once-vibrant community of bloggers. When was the last time they posted? I want to know whether it's Inconceivable that the Sensible Stamper still has any sense. Are they still Living the Dream or have they dropped out of the Urban Race because they ran out of Kash?! Sadly, their once-great blogging is now cheapened and repackaged as Facebook and Twitter updates. Sigh (don't get me started). Don't they realize how much of an inspiration they were to me?? How I relied on them for encouragement and banter? Like Jerry Maguire would say, "You complete me."

So for now I'm just a lonely prisoner rambling by myself. Perhaps it'll get better. Maybe you'll invite me for dinner, take me on a trip, watch my kids for a week…. you know, give me something great to blog about... because I'm NOT going to stinkin' Africa just to have content to post (sorry, nothing personal, Ray). Or maybe, just maybe, my fellow bloggers will start blogging again...? Perhaps it is me that needs to offer them encouragement and inspiration. Maybe it's me that needs to complete them... Time will tell.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Stanley,
    Hate to say it...blogging is so last year!! The Tweets & FBing is what everyone is into now-a-days. I recall these old eccentric audiophiles coming into our CC stores in the 90's asking why we did not carry any turntables!

    Hope you're not getting eccentric in your old age?? Just go with the flow...Tweet loudly & FB oftening!

    Cheers,
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely missed you in my life! Tweeting is fleeting... no one remembers them. But blogging is a journal...keep it up. See, you didn't write, so I didn't write...look what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot tweet in africa, so i will continue to faithfully blog about my life's adventure. don't fret stan, i will have some fresh pictures and stories when i go to rwanda in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. Yes it's true more people are FBing and Tweeting because it's the shallow and superficial way to network nowadays. Personally I've been weaning myself away from FB lately. I'm mainly there just to play Scrabble. I'll always prefer reading a well-written blog any day over FB. So Patty and Ray, I'm waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely motivated by peer pressure. What can I say...most of the time my life isn't all that interesting. However, I'll try to make some stuff up. :)

    ReplyDelete