
A few of you have inquired about my lack of blogging or my inconsistent blogging the last few months, and I thank you for your concern. My life has been busy and eventful as usual, and there's lots going on at my job, but my communications have been crippled. Yes, I've been cut off from blogging at work.
Back in October, Godfather Merciless dropped the hammer and blocked all internet access to all social networking sites including my blogger site, Facebook, and Scrabble! – my one and only joy around here. Yup, all gone! He realized that all these external sites were providing an unnecessary source of happiness and hope... all of which are detrimental to the corporate morale code. In fact, happiness goes directly against our company motto: "If you are cheerful, you better be fearful!" Happy people have a tendency to disappear around here.
To further push his message across, last week I was summoned to attend the meeting of the Enormously Vile Infamous Leaders. Together with the Godfather, Captain, Sarge, and Major, we snaked down to the darkest depths of the underworld. I was told to bring my camera to capture a few beheadings to serve as a warning to my fellow inmates of the consequences of any illegal outside access. (The picture above is all I dare to publish. It is shot far from the back to spare you from seeing these hideous beings up front.)
Right now, the only way I can get this blog out is to bribe one of the prison guards with contraband. In return I get temporary secret access. But to keep the bribes going, I would need to further stock up on cigarettes and toilet paper…
So yes, I'm still alive. And hopefully I can find time to keep on blogging. The problem is, most of my blogging is done spur of the moment and on the fly. Without instant publishing abilities, I don't know if my material can come out on a timely basis. And when I get home, I'm instantly swarmed by the demands of three little monsters. Sigh. So please be patient, and I thank you for visiting.
MAN! That sucks big time!
ReplyDeleteThey are actually asking you to do work AT work? What are they thinking?
ReplyDelete