Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So are you REALLY a PC??


Here's a shout out to all my Chinese peecee readers. I just ran across this ad this morning and HAD to ask one question: Are the people at Microsoft nuts?? Are they really that clueless?? Okay, that was two questions.

Do they really think that featuring this handsome fella is a positive representation of the "pc" people? Do they think this will really drive sales or reconvert Mac switchers? Yes dude, I totally believe Windows 7 was your idea. And I do believe that Windows 7 was made for people like you, just like parenting classes and tetanus shots.

I mean really, if Microsoft bought General Mills, I could only imagine what kind of social rejects would be gracing the Wheaties boxes – Dennis Rodman? If Microsoft was smart, they would parade this guy to all the Apple Stores just to drive customers away. And what the heck is he buying? Looks like vinyl at Rasputin's.

Question: so are mohawks making a comeback? I've seen a couple lately. Honestly I see no benefits of looking like a freak unless you want a career delivering pizzas. And even if it were making a comeback, I'm not sure it's working with this particular guy. Maybe he needs some piercings or tats to complete the look.

Sure, he's younger and hipper than John Hodgeman of the "I'm a Mac" commercials, but I just don't see normal, civilized, non-skateboarding-trailer-punk people wanting to be more like him. Those castoffs are already on Windows because OSX won't sync their Zunes!

And the worst thing? He's Asian!! Is there any other ethnicity that is sure to fail as trying to be anything remotely non-law-abiding! This guy looks like a former playground bully that never grew up and still likes beating up nerds. PC's beating up on fellow pc's – that's gotta suck.

Though I saw this ad on BostonHerald.com, my guess is it was originally aimed for the Yakuza-wannabe crowd in Japan or the gangs in Chinatown. Sadly, here in the United States, Wiliam Hung would've been the best choice. Sigh.

I'm sorry, but some pc people just need to remain as pc people.

2 comments:

  1. You know that Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ, correct? Why do you think us Pee Cee users are drawn to Microsoft???

    FYI, Windows 7 was MY idea ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you have some lingering bitterness from when you pic was passed over for that cell phone psa. or not. I agree the ad agency for this ad campaign should be fired. Seriously. showing a bunch of uncool obviously clueless and lacking self-awareness people saying Windows 7 was thetr idea? Seriously? That's your best shot?

    ReplyDelete