On Saturday we went to meet Hope for the first time at the New East Lake Restaurant in Milpitas. We were quite honored to be invited to this event. Even though we've seen photos and read all about Hope's arrival through their blog, it was still quite a thrill to finally meet her in person. Hope is now 17 months old.To add to the festivities, I got to hang out with many of my all-time favorite people (blog readers). I tell you, nothing beats all-you-can-eat, with the people you love! But the one person I was really looking to see was missing – Baldwin. I haven't seen him in over 20 years I think. Oh well, maybe when they adopt their next child, we'll get to see him...
Our only other disappointment was see not seeing Owen in matching attire! This is weird, because Owen and Grace normally come dressed alike at parties. Am I right? Maybe this time he couldn't find the exact matching outfit. Or maybe he couldn't find his size. Or maybe he did have it but spilled hot & sour soup all over it and had to change... No problem Owen, I got you covered (hee hee). Remember, my blog is like Fantasyland. You have to carefully pick and choose what you think is believable here. Below is how I would've pictured you in your smashing outfit! Hope you like it!
With Patty's popularity, she gets invited to everything. Even when people's guest list have already exceeded the fire code, they'll still add Patty! Their reasoning is 1. Patty's a great friend that will add tons of life to the party, and 2. chances are, she won't show up.
Matt's been looking for a young boy to mentor in auto racing. And Jaden is the perfect candidate! We all know that Jim will eventually bless Jaden with the nicest car. Matt will then coach Jaden through the curves at Laguna Seca. And after Jaden walks away from the wreckage, Matt can breathe a sigh of relief thinking, "Wow. Good thing I didn't pay for that car!"
Can you name any other restaurant that hands out take-out boxes and encourages the guest to take all the food home? If we ever get invited back here again, we'll be packing the big cooler.



I love how you have capture this day! What a celebration!!
ReplyDeletei am so bummed that i missed this day. i'm coming home this week. let's do it again. btw, you gave owen a queue.
ReplyDelete