If you're on Facebook and have the same demographic of friends that I do, you'll notice that 50% of the photos posted are of their children. Another 30% are of their vacation – with their children. The leftover 20% are of photos of their own childhood, or of their pets, or single adults partying with their alcoholic friends.It's quite shameless how some parents like to flaunt photos of their kids assuming that all the world is just dying to see them. These are the same parents that plaster their car bumpers with those annoying Honor Student stickers (which I can easily print out of our laser printer). Sure, YOU might think you have the world's cutest kids, but then so does the next person and the person after that. So which one is it? Yours? Hers? His?? Fact is, none of them are because quite frankly, we all know who I think is the cutest. Sorry.
But unlike those other parents, you'll never see me parading my kids all over the net. Nope. Remember, my photos are not about my kids, but about my artistic journey toward photographic excellence. It's not about the subject, but rather it's all about composition, storytelling, and creative coloring and cropping. I can't help it if my favorite test subject just happens to be my daughter.
In my busy life, whenever I want to practice photography, it's all about convenience. We rarely get to travel. And at parties, my finger are always too covered with grease and cheese powder to pick up the camera. But Justine, everyday she's always in my line of sight. Hey, sometimes you just got to work with what you've got. Am I right?
Below are some photos from a recent wedding banquet where I was sharpening my photo skills. I guess shooting the bride and groom wasn't as convenient as shooting the kids. Oh well.
:)






no need to apologize Stanley...she is the cutest toddler around!
ReplyDeletewell. I think that Justine is the cutest one on the net right now so if you'd like to invite me to view a collage of her photos I would not decline. you're lucky to have such a willing subject :)
ReplyDelete