Thursday, October 4, 2007

Jim, you lucky dawg!

I don't know too many wives that would not only throw an extravagant 40th birthday bash for their husband, but also be the star performer of the event! To borrow a line from INXS, let me say to Jeanie, "Your moves are so raw, I've got to let you know!"

Also let it be known that all this planning happened within 3 weeks from their wedding! Jeanie, you're amazing! And having known all of Jim's former-wannabe-Mrs. Lau's, I can honestly say that none of them can compare to you! Jim, you need to pray to God every day thanking Him for your wife. You will find none better.

It was an 80's-themed party, fully decorated with silver and black balloons and movie posters from that era. The movie Beat Street was showing on the big screen and there was even a fully functional Atari 2600 for the kids to play. Among the 100 guests, people were dressed like Run DMC and other 80's fashion. We ate Hawaiian BBQ and listened to the Fixx, Bowie and Dexy's Midnight Runners, among others. The highlight of the evening was the dance performance. The back up dancers are Jeanie's brother Alan (dressed like Wham) and her ex-boyfriend Mark. Hey, how come Jim wasn't allowed to invite any ex's?? Oh yeah, room capacity! D'oh!

Anyway, for those of you who missed it, the awesome video is below. (This time I used Blogger to host video because the quality is better. But I also posted this video on YouTube.)



Click below for the rest of the photos.
Jim's 40th Birthday

1 comment:

  1. It took Allan, Mark and I a couple of hours to get the routine down. We had two days of practice before the final day. (and I was sick like a dog too!!) What's even more hilarious is that I would serenade Jimmy with that same song in his car! I thought he would get sick of it....
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete