Monday, August 13, 2007

What can I say? I'm a BEAST!


Much love to Dean for providing me the pics and video from yesterday's action. Unknown to me, he captured my one and only great spike of the afternoon. It was like watching Sportscenter. It felt great! Superstar!!

There are many factors that lead up to the great kill such as physical prowess, mental toughness, and perfect timing. For me it goes like this:
  1. Wimpy serve
  2. Great setter
  3. 55-year old non-threatening blocker
  4. Defenseman not realizing it's sailing out
Yep, the recipe for greatness! I'll take it any day!

Truth be told, for every ONE of those great hits, I've probably shanked 5 into outer-space! I've already informed my teammates of the 5-step rule, meaning that if my pass is beyond 5 steps away, forget it. Fortunately for me, we play with a great group of friends with varying skill levels. Everyone is encouraging and helpful. The weak try not to get hurt, and the strong try not to hurt the weak. (Let it be known that I associate with the weak. The only thing strong is my scent!)

We had a great turnout: Anna/Stephen, Jon/Karen, Oli/Winnie, Chris/Libby, Al/Christine, 2 coworkers, Mr. Chan and the Seiji Smash Brothers. Some played and some just played with the kids. All in all around 26 people. Afterwards we had a pizza dinner where we were joined by Gleason/Lolita and Patty/Glenn. Fun, fun, fun, except I'm a bit sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment