Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's alive! It's my creation!


If you're in the south bay or Fremont, you may have spotted some new buses invading the streets and highway. They have a bold, menacing design, that makes all other buses look downright impotent. Our secret code name for it was UBT, which stood for "Urban Bloodbath Transport." So look out, my latest creation is crashing a neighborhood near you!

My initial designs were mostly black with just a slight splattering of blood color. I think it reflected the mood outside my cell. Here it's mainly dark with threatening shadows from the flickering torches along the galley way. And the blackness is complemented with sounds of agony as fellow prisoners are beaten on an hourly basis. I wanted my design to depict that same pain and hopelessness as you spiral down the black hole of despair.

The Major asked me to "tone it down" on the evilness and add more color to spruce it up. She explained that not everyone appreciates our depressive culture as much as we do. She said to make it look fast. I asked, "you mean like a flaming arrow just as it's about to pierce the body cavity with glorious after effects-fast?" She responded, "Yes, think more embers and less ash." Okay, I guess I could live with that.

We bypassed Captain Insano because she'll only slow down the approval process. Besides, she already has a full plate with that world destruction plan she's brewing. We went straight to the top and got it done fast. Godfather Merciless was especially pleased with the design, as I knew he would be. I told him I recommended removing the rear door so the further back you go, the more trapped you'll feel. With an affirming grin he said, "You're starting to think like me."


Godfather Merciless wept as he detailed how the colors resurrected childhood memories of their vacation home. As a junior deatheater, his bedroom tower overlooked several meandering lava flows intertwined throughout the barren valley. Across the midsection laid a scorched path littered with bones and smoldering remains. That path is where he scampered daily with his beloved pet Balrog. All the rivers converged and spilled into the giant Lake of Fire where his father once taught him to swim. "That is why my body has no hair," he exposed to my burning eyes.

There was a recent article about our January media event. To soften the image for public consumption, they described the color to be "candy-apple" red. I guess "hematoma" red may be a bit too violent.

In the near future when the weather improves, I'll have more photos of the UBT in action,  terrorizing transit centers and consuming passengers whole. Until then, look out!

The armada preparing for the onslaught.

7 comments:

  1. You're alive! So good to have you back!those are some mongo buses! Il'll keep an eyeball out for them and make sure i give them room to storm by me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, can't wait to see your creations around our neighborhood of San Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Stanley! 'Will show Sam and make him jealous that your buses look a lot more bloody, I mean, lively than his. (Actually, the back reminds me of Darth Maul.) Maybe you should escape the dark, depressive environment you work in, and set your creative juices free in the world of happy magic and pixie dust. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stanley

    Great work!Nice to see you haven't lost your touch. Look forward to hearing/reading/seeing more of your work!Best to you and the fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Stan. I especially like the photo of the invading armada. The other ones are too scary for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I saw them at the bus yard. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT JOB!!! I see you're leaving a legacy @ VTA... ROFLMAO reading your accounts of the birth of your new baby. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete