It's coming. This Friday at noon. If you have trouble accessing your data, don't say I didn't warn you. And if you're participating, have fun. I wish I could join you. Unfortunately, I'm on T-Mobile.As an iPhone user, do you think it's a good idea? I'm curious to see what happens. But before you start feeling sorry for AT&T, keep in mind that they had $40 billion in revenues and $10 billion in profits just in the last nine months. I think they SHOULD invest a bit more in their network. Heck, I still can't get a cell phone signal at my house! HELLO!!!!
From Fake Steve:
On Friday, December 18, at noon Pacific time, we will attempt to overwhelm the AT&T data network and bring it to its knees. The goal is to have every iPhone user (or as many as we can) turn on a data intensive app and run that app for one solid hour. Send the message to AT&T that we are sick of their substandard network and sick of their abusive comments. THe idea is we’ll create a digital flash mob. We’re calling it in Operation Chokehold. Join us and speak truth to power!
From the Operation Chokehold website:
iPhone users in the United States are frustrated. We love our phones, but we hate the service. Dropped calls. Slow data. No data at all. No service at all. For some people, it's an everyday occurrence.
Dan Lyons, known to many as Fake Steve Jobs has come up with a simple solution: Show AT&T that we want change. In his description of Operation Chokehold, he encourages iPhone users around the country to overwhelm AT&T with data requests and bring down their 3G network.
Why? Because AT&T isn't doing anything about the problem...yet. They're continuing to provide us with bad service (which they have done little or nothing to improve), refuse to provide us with tethering (a service that almost every other carrier in the world does for free), and threaten to impose fines on users who actually make use of their service.
For those of us who use iPhones and rely on AT&T, we've had enough. It's time to show AT&T that it's time to suck it up and improve their stupid network.
Many people have complained about this campaign already, claiming that they need cell service in the case of an emergency or other need. Our response? Use a landline phone, or another carrier's phone. Those things still exist, right? AT&T calls us irresponsible, but in reality, it's them who have been irresponsible about the service that we pay them for.
No comments:
Post a Comment