Yes I had to work a photo-shoot on Saturday. They asked me last minute. And being the ever-accommodating, selfless, model employee that I am, I said, "Overtime, right?"
You see when I work on weekends, not only do I get reimbursed for mileage, but I also get paid for travel time. So those two hours I spend on the road traveling 100+ miles, I get paid overtime and 50 cents per mile – not too shabby. So of course I work. And better yet, Kmart and Sears are both along the way!

Our company is shooting a commercial, so it was a rare opportunity to get some "photogenic" passengers for once. It sure was hard work being out in the sun snapping pics all day... :)
As planned, I first went to Kmart to get my two $50 gift cards. Their customer service is absolutely horrible. They are poorly staffed, and the store just looks like a dump. The only register that would sell giftcards was held up on a price check for an item where the clerk was sent to the wrong department. I waited 15 minutes for a 2 minute transaction. I get my 2 coupons for Hulk tix and made my escape. FYI: Each coupon is good for 2 admissions at $7 each. Expires July 14.
Then to Sears I went. To be certain, I had a clerk swap my Kmart giftcards for Sears giftcards. It wasn't necessary but I just wanted to be sure – and besides, the clerk looked bored so I had to give him something to look busy. Then off to the mens department I went.
To my surprise, most Dockers were half off! To my second surprise, even with discount, pants were still $25-$35, shorts were $20, and shirts were $10-$18. A couple of you women thought it was expensive, "$20 for shorts!!!" but two of you guys said, "I pay more for my pants."
My medium shirt size was slim pickings, but still I was easily able to rack up $100 with the help of two pairs of pants. I was thinking, "Man, if I gained like 50 lbs, I can totally clean up on the clearance rack!" I mean at every store whenever they have clearance sales, usually only the XL sizes are left and all the mediums are gone. But then again, even if your wardrobe cost goes down, your food bill will go up. Obviously you can't win! Maybe that's why I notice gay people tend to date people of the same size. Because in doing so, they automatically double their wardrobe!
Upon checkout, I asked for gift receipts for all the items. Since I have to mail in the original receipt for the gas card, I want to be able to return if necessary. Come to think of it, with the gift receipt I can easily return any/all of the items and just get store credit to buy something I really want, like tools. Hmm, I guess I won't be unwrapping the clothes just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment