Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Black Friday Strategy Guide


It's been a busy 3 days IM'ing people to plan out our Black Friday shopping ventures. I know where I'll be and who I'll be with and where my buddies will be. It's like Ocean's Eleven. Amazingly, I've narrowed my list to just ONE item I absolutely must have, this $99 GPS at Staples. This week I've been researching GPS units and comparing the models of what's become the hottest item this holiday season. Just 2 years ago, GPS units cost $400-1000. Now they're under $100.

So what makes this Navigon 2100 so great compared to the others? From what I've read, this particular model (only at Staples) has live traffic built-in, which is normally a $99 option. With my sticky commute to San Jose, those traffic alerts will come in very handy as I look for alternative routes to get around. To me, that feature alone doubles the value of the GPS in terms of real-world usage. The live traffic feature is usually only found in the top-of the-line Magellan and Garmin models, costing well over $400. But Staples has it for only $99. What a killer deal!

And if the Navigon turns out to be crap, I can easily list it on ebay where it's selling for around $200. So buy two (if you can), sell one, and it will pay for the other. Can't lose.

Reminder: if you participated in the Amazon Customers Vote, be sure to check tomorrow to see if you've won the chance to buy a $79 Wii. And if you do win, be sure to thank me and invite me over for dinner :)

Lastly I just want to share this Black Friday Strategy Guide I found online. Some good tips, like buying online first, looking for secret bargains, and avoiding junk TV's and extended warranties.

So Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Be thankful for all that you have. Be thankful for your family, your friends and your health. And when you're tearing through the stores on Friday, remember it's better to give than to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment