Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One Less Show to Watch

Ever since the Finale of the first season of American Idol, I've never missed a single episode. From the auditions to the eliminations, I found enjoyment in every episode. I watched, hoped and cheered, but never voted because I knew my one measly vote wouldn't matter.

This season is a lot different from previous years. This season I actually lost interest because none of the top 12 appealed to me. That is, until Sanjaya started making the headlines. I can't explain it but there's truly something magical about Sanjaya that makes you root for him regardless of how bad he sings, kinda like that movie Rudy. Or maybe that since no one else is likable, Sanjaya is the only excitement factor as he defies the odds week after week. I know a lot of people really hate him and wish he gets booted, but I think he's great for the show. I honestly thought he could go all the way.

Last week I voted for the first time ever. I voted for Sanjaya over and over again. Kept hitting that redial button like a hyped up teeny bopper for about an hour. Yeah, I have no shame. I got Sanjaya fever or as some may say, "Sanjaya is my papaya." It was pretty tiring hitting those buttons repeatedly. (I recommend using a speakerphone, to save that extra energy of having to put that phone to your ear.) A lot of work, and I only got about 20 votes in.

Tonight I watched with great sadness as Sanjaya was voted off. I can't believe he's gone! Aww man, what's to watch now? Actually, I've been secretly enjoying Dancing with the Stars, shhh. I might still watch Idol with Chrissy but whoever wins at this point doesn't matter to me anymore. So I guess I'll have a little more free time come Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

http://frommymindtoyoureyes.blogspot.com/
Do you remember Chris Sligh (he's the chubby one with curly hair) who was voted off two weeks ago? Anyway, he is a Christian and has a blog (that looks just like mine ;). If you're a big AI fan and want some insight from a Christian perspective, read his blog.

1 comment:

  1. Sanjaya is a good crowd-pleaser but if I were to purchase a CD I'd get Melinda's. Once I tried to listen to all of them perform without looking at their faces on the TV screen, and Melinda's voice really stood out as the best in terms of studio recording...plus she reminds me of Patty :)
    Di

    ReplyDelete